Clicky

Phantom Phone Call from Mom | All About Paranormal } -->
 

Phantom Phone Call from Mom



I am both open minded and skeptical. I think there is so much fake stuff out there that its hard to pick out threads of fact or perceived reality from fantasy and conjecture. There have been a few occasions of what are or seem like paranormal events in my life. I have a few stories, and I think most people have at least one thing that they keep. They are often intended only for us. This particular event definitely caused me to change my at times cold and aetheistic view of reality. In fact, it seems that when I slip into this frame of mind at points in my life, it is then that some little thing pops up to flip me out and say: this is not all that there is.

My story is about what I now know is called a "phantom phone call." What makes it even sillier is that I received it on my mobile phone (cell phone). It's quite simple, there's no long-winded scary haunted house nonsense:

It was around mid-day in summer when I was about 21 years old. I was sitting at home on my own on the stairway in my parents' house. My phone started ringing. The number on the screen was pretty random and unidentified. I answered the call and heard a steady stream of "white noise" or radio static. From the beginning of the call, I entered a state of understanding that it was something important and I should sit and listen to that sound. It lasted several minutes.

I saw a dreamlike mental picture in my mind that my mother had fallen down and hurt her arm. In my mind, I imagined that she'd fallen down a grassy embankment. As with most of these cases, when the call had ended the number was untracable. It didn't even register as a received call. Now ordinarily the concept of this happening sounds like something that would freak you out. I just sat there in a state of calm, totally accepting what had just happened and wondering what I should do about it.

What had actually happened just before that exact time was that my mother had fallen down in the middle of the road outside the back of the local library and broken her wrist. Unable to get up, she had lain calling out for help for around 5 to 10 minutes. She was eventually found and helped by a passer-by. Hence, I feel I was not panicked by a thought that I should eventually seek out and rescue my mother, but I initially knew something was wrong. I even started to put the experience to the back of my mind as some kind of delusion.

When my mother returned later in the afternoon from hospital with her arm in a sling, I didn't feel the need to tell her about it. She does keep a mobile phone in her handbag, but she rarely uses it. I asked her if when she was lying in the street if she tried to call me. She said that she did not. I simply told her that I knew she'd had an accident when it happened. She said that she believed me and that she had felt at times before we had a connection in that way.

0 comments